« Rendez-vous in Paris » postcards
While I was writing words on Paris maps in 2006 (see the Walks), I then decided to read all the streets of Paris. Many were suggestive. Then I made a small book entitled 50 promenades dans Paris à caractère superstitieux (50 walks in Paris with a superstitious character), leading to evocative street names, and 20 types of Rendez-vous in Paris postcards. In 2010, I printed and sold 4 types of postcards to approximately thirty Parisian bookshops : Where to find love in Paris ?, Streets of Paris to avoid, How to tell him/her? and Paris, an enchanted city . 6.000 postcards were sold in 2010 and 2011.
I could have continued but I had enough of playing this sales representative role; booksellers didn't call me back and I had to go and check the stocks by myself. However, in 2018, the shop owner of “l'Embellie” (in haut-Belleville) really wanted more postcards so that I decided to print 4 more series of cards. I kept the 2 most popular ones: “the love” one and “the avoid” one, and offered two new ones: A rendez-vous to make her understand and A rendez-vous to make him understand.
I am happy with this new series. I like the postcards. At the end of the stock, 10.000 cards will have been sold.
You can find the postcards at the following (good) addresses :
- Librairie F. Jousseaume, 45-46-47, Galerie Vivienne, Paris 2nd arrondissement
- Libraire Volume, 47 rue Notre-Dame de Nazareth, Paris 3rd
- Atout livre, 203 bis avenue Daumesnil, Paris 12th
- La librairie de la Cinémathèque française, 51 rue de Bercy, Paris 12th
- La boutique du Musée de la Poste, 34 Boulevard de Vaugirard, Paris 15th
- Librairie des Batignolles, 48 des Moines, Paris 17th
- L’embellie, 14 rue de la Villette, Paris 19th
- Le Monte-en-l’air, 2 rue de la Mare, Paris 20th